Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Brilliant Idea

My chemo infusion usually takes around six hours, so I'll need to eat something while I'm there. The problem, of course, is that anything I eat during chemo is destined to be a repulsive food for me from that moment on. I now officially loathe cheese, bread, crackers, peanut butter, cranberry juice, and mint tea.

So here I am trying to pack a lunch, wondering what the hell I should eat tomorrow. What food do I not mind hating for the rest of my life?

Hmmmm, let's see. How about this:



I'll enjoy a slice tonight, and take another slice to the hospital tomorrow. And forever after, I will be that hideously annoying person at every dinner party who says, "No rich dessert for me thanks, I'll just have an organic carrot."

Please, don't hate me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're priceless Liz.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Ya Looblue said...

an incredible idea.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) Thanks for the laugh.

Cheese? You hate cheese? NOW you have my sympathy! I really hope that the insane food-hatreds fade for you, but if they don't, then there are worse things than being able to pre-empt the mind-control with slabs of chocolate cake. You go!

11:39 PM  
Blogger belledame222 said...

omg. that's from Burger King, isn't it? i shouldn't recognize that so immediately...

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you might enjoy some funny reading once you get your bearings back. http://badnewshughes.blogspot.com/2006/11/diary-of-indignities-play-ball.html

thinking of you today!
kimmieindallas

3:25 PM  
Blogger Alto2 said...

I would gladly give you any number of excess pounds (in multiples of 10, please) from my substantial body. The concept of eating a favorite food before undergoing insidious medical treatment, and thereby rendering it unpalatable, is perhaps the only diet scheme yet unexplored in America. I smell another diet fad coming on!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate is a gift from The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Right now, you are going to be devouring chocolate things while taking chemo and you *think* you are going to hate it. But, some evening down the road, you will be sitting there, making Mardi Gras costumes for your dog while humming "Les Mardi Gras sont vient de tout partout.." and the FSM is going to start tickling your neurons with that Impure Thought that says, "Chocolate creme pie with cookie crust, whipped cream, Sharffenberger syrup...." and you will find yourself wild with chocoholic desire.

But in the meantime, your willpower will be the talk of Central Lousiana. "Why that Miss L., she actually turned down a MUDSLIDE, for God's sake. I can't hold a CANDLE to her."

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home