Friday, September 14, 2007

Stand Back, It's the Friday MuscleWatch!

Slowly buy surely my strength is starting to return. Maybe you can't see it so much, but I sure can feel it. Even two months ago, little ordinary daily tasks like lugging six loads of laundry over to the washateria would wear me out, strain my joints, hurt my back, leave me exhausted for the rest of the day. Now I'm all, Ughn! Outta my way, dickblisters, I got me some fuckin LAUNDRY to do!

And at the gym, it's extremely satisfying to watch my numbers climb, as I increase my loads pound by pound, day by day. It's true what they say about the phenomenon known as "muscle memory": lost muscles really do come back a lot faster the second time around.

What a relief it is to finally be rebuilding, my body AND my life.




W00t!!

16 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

wow! I've never seen anyone gain definition so fast.

what does Superman say? :-)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap, do you look strong!

10:59 AM  
Blogger RP said...

Excuse me, my arms just told me that they want to be like yours when they grow up.

11:20 AM  
Blogger George said...

I think your muscles look fabulous!

11:28 AM  
Blogger KinnicChick said...

You look awesome... AND I love the shirt. Where do you get all your killer clothing? CUTE!

11:51 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

dickblisters?

12:39 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Beautiful!

And I love the platinum blonde hair, too.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Corvi said...

Spectacular!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Andrea D. said...

Long time lurker yanked out of the darkness through the sheer awesomeness of "dickblisters."

And, you know, you're a constant source of inspiration and hope, yadda yadda...

(ok, maybe you're just altogether great. Geez!)

1:26 PM  
Blogger momo said...

She said "dickblisters." Heh heh.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Vanda said...

Good for you Liz. You look great!!!!

Heh, dickblisters? I too want to know.

OMG my arm muscles just went into hiding with shame.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Michael Berkey said...

Ronnie Coleman, watch the hell out.

10:09 AM  
Blogger KMTBERRY said...

DICKBLISTERS!!!

Now that's a G*R*E*AT pejorative

Not at all unfriendly to teh wimmin+gays, either, like DICKLIPS or DICKBREATH

I am being serious here

I am a little conflicted about DOUCHEBAG

It'sjust these words are so damn USEFUL, dammit

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

KMTBerry,

I've decided that douchebag is ok, because douching is bad for you, right? So a douchebag is a bad thing.

Its such a great word, I just had to rationalize its existence, because like you, I struggle with some of these phrases. :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Wow, that is unbelievable how much difference there is in a week. Amazing!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Yankee T said...

You are amazing.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home