Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Straight Priorities

Um, oops, sorry: I kind of forgot about this blog. I also kind of forgot to eat, forgot to sleep, forgot to take meds or go for walks or answer the phone or do laundry. And the reason is, I have become a hardcore addict.

Ha! And you thought things couldn't possibly get any worse, didn't you?

Yes, I am clinically addicted. To make matters worse, my incredibly kind, perceptive, sane son and the exquisitely beautiful genius with whom he shares his life, are the very ones who have been enabling my debilitating addiction. Sending me the stuff across state borders and everything.

For my birthday, these evil fools sent me an entire season of House M.D. DVDs. And they also sent me a book about the medicine behind the scenes. I am so addicted. My life is totally ruined.



Ok, let me just get this off my chest right now: You're right. I'm insanely in love with the Hugh Laurie character. Not with Hugh Laurie, but with Dr. House. And not in love like sex and romance and moving in together lalala stuff, but in love like: Oh my fucking god, that's actually me! That is my real true deep genuine antisocial inner self, brilliantly portrayed on the screen by this talented actor. And the kind of in love that comes from knowing that the ornery, cantankerous, brutally tactless Gregory House would completely understand why I turn off my phone for a nap and forget to turn it back on for over a month. And he'd be on my side.

(Yes, I really did. And that was before I had 428 hours of fresh episodes to watch.)

Sorry. First things first. Back in a few.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing too hard to type here.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Sock Girl said...

I am embarrassed to admit I have no clue what House M.D. is... but I am insanely jealous of the turning the phone off for a nap and forgetting about it for a month. Any addiction that causes that peace and quiet in the household has to have some redeeming qualities. Enjoy your House!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

House kinda reminds me of Mandel.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Lymphopo said...

"Kinda"? Yeah, so much it's scary.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

House behaves the way that I sometimes wish I could, were I not still constrained by my upbringing as a Nice Southern Girl. And I think Hugh Laurie is both sexy and a very fine actor. The combination is irresistible.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Alto2 said...

I'd like to think I am Gregory House, too. I tell it like it is, regardless of whether you want to hear it. I'm not antisocial like he is, but "ornery and cantankerous" yes.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home