Thursday, October 11, 2007

More Dogs In My Life

I really love being around dogs, and dog people.


This is our clicker training class last night. We're using clickers to learn tricks which so far include: shake hands, high five, wave, spin in a circle, walk around a chair, give a bow, and crawl like a snake.


Not all the dogs in the class are big galoompfs.


Here's a Great Dane puppy walking in a circle around a chair on command. Superman can do this too!


But he'd rather sit and stare at the damn birds.


Here's another Great Dane puppy working on "high five," with a huge Newfie pup looking on.


Here's a standard poodle shaking hands. Superman can do all these tricks.


But here he is again, still fixating on the damn birds.


Finally it's time for Superman's big trick of the night, his masterpiece, his grand finale. Which was: "Ignore the damn birds!" When I give him that command, he turns around and sits with his back to the bird cage. Good boy, excellent boy!

Everybody cracked up. I love this class.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee! Thank you for that.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Thank you for that story! It brought a smile to my face.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I love it, I love that dog. Thanks!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shhhh...don't tell my dogs, but Superman is the most beautiful dog I have ever seen. Bar none.

That's like saying someone else's baby is cuter than your own, but what am I to do? The truth is the truth.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Carny Asada said...

I am in lurve with your dog. I think you should do a Superman calendar as a fundraiser.

Or just because, you know, his fans need servicing.

12:39 AM  
Blogger SueLynn said...

I walked away from my soul sucking corporate job; answered an ad on Craig's List for a mid-day dog walker; and I am happier than I've ever been. Best job ever. My "clients" are so happy to see me every day; they're skidding across the floor in their crates to get to me when I arrive. So rewarding. I could never go back.

6:32 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Wonderful!
What a lovely gentle dog he is.
Thought you'd like this short video of a dog probably named "Hang20"...:
http://www.emmitsburg.net/humor/av/2007/Surfer%20dog.wmv

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home