Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday Morning Hair Thing

It's almost three months now since my last chemo, and what I want to know is, why the hell do the weeds in my yard grow about 900 times faster than my damn hair?

But I have a great hair story to tell! Yesterday I went to a home & garden show exposition type thing at the coliseum. I was milling around like a kid in a candy store--or, more like a crackhead in a dark alley, all but mainlining Plumeria and other esoteric little cuttings that I have no place to plant--when a woman with hair just a little bit longer than mine but quite a bit thinner walked up to me and said, "Hey, I recognize that haircut. How are you doing?"

I can't tell you how happy this made me! Being recognized as a memebr of the secret sisterhood or something. Though I can't exactly say why. Anyhow, I told her I was doing pretty well, and asked her how she was. It turned out she's not doing as well. The reason her hair is so thin is that she had a relapse and has started another round of chemo, six months after the first. Damn. But we had a nice little chat about how convenient it is to step out of the shower every morning and realize you're as hairless as a six year old. The only possible sliver of a silver lining, I guess, though I don't miss it myself.

Anyway, here it is, what you've all waited for all week, the thicker but still regrettably short Monday mane:


Monday, March 5th


Monday, April 2nd





Way too slowly, but nevertheless surely. Go, hair, go!

4 Comments:

Blogger johnieb said...

Itchy scissors finger, huh?

11:48 AM  
Blogger RC said...

"A watched pot never boils" obviously isn't scientifically accurate, but . . .

Might be better if you follow the time-worn technique of playful ignorance: Then when you finally do look it will be surprising!
Just get rid of all mirrors, and shiny surfaces, don't walk in front of anything reflective, stop driving and shopping and going out in public, allow no one to see you----Fuck! never mind!
You'll probably look one day and find the daffodils have bloomed overnight on your head and you'll wonder how it happened so quickly!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Tarr said...

If I say you are looking normal, will you smack me?

7:24 PM  
Blogger momo said...

Soft and lovely!

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home