Monday, March 19, 2007

Square Roots

Stand back! Here it comes again, the Monday Hair Report that's so damn predictable you can set your watch by it. Behold ye mine head, ye voyeurs, and marvel at mine progress:


Last week.


This week.



Ahaha, I almost had you there, didn't I. Ok, seriously, because I know you simply can't exhale until you've seen today's astounding hair status, here's the truth. It's actually almost looking pretty good:


Every week there's a little less shiny pink scalp visible through the thickening forest.


The cupie doll ridge reaches for the sky.


Still doesn't look like much from a distance.

But I'll tell you what. When I went out hatless this weekend, I ran into several acquaintances who didn't know I'd been sick, and they just assumed I had adopted this radical new look on purpose. I even got a couple of compliments about it that seemed sincere.

I figure two more weeks and Annie Lennox will be calling me up, demanding her hair back. Woot!

10 Comments:

Blogger johnieb said...

I have a friend who's bald when she's not green, or purple, or some other bright primary color (I agree with Ms. Walker), so I can understand their mistake. ' course, she's 25, so what I can I say but--ya give a geezer hope that we, too, can age with grace. Mine is multi-color, and therefore hard to dye, I'm told. Then again, purple Tiger Stripes of different shades: hmmmm. I'll get back to ya after I talk to Margery, with whom I am reading Sun Tzu's *Art of War*, which I heartily recommend to your consideration.

Not that you're over the hill or anything

12:05 PM  
Blogger Sock Girl said...

You're looking great!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Actually you're very lucky that you have great features and can get by with such a short look. Shoot, before you got sick you were cutting it shorter and shorter every time. I think you would have eventually reached this length on your own :-).

Love the color, by the way. It seriously looks platinum blonde!

Amy

2:42 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

RAWR!!!
Is it blonder this week?
You're rocking the Annie Lennox look.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Ya Looblue said...

god...the cupie doll thing...makes me happy in my heart each time i see it.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Nice! reminds me of a song:

Sistas, are doing for themselves!
Standing on their own two feet -
And ringing their own bells!

(or something like that..)

Thanks for the regular updates!

Bonnie in Houston

7:01 PM  
Blogger Alto2 said...

I just have to do this:
"Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree? Travel the world and the seven seas. Everybody's looking for something."

I love the Annie Lennox look!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hi there,
I'm so happy I found you again (via Twisty)! I read GrannyVibe all the time, and really enjoyed your writing. I was very saddened when you ended that blog, so I am doubly glad to find you both writing again and on the road to kicking lymphoma's ass.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Jake Silver said...

I just started reading your Blog recently and I have to say, love ANNie Lennox.

4:03 AM  
Blogger johnieb said...

Annie Lennox when we have our Liz back in style? Pa-tooie.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home