Tuesday, August 14, 2007

In Which the Author Plays Hooky

Ok. So I've been wondering when the hell my August CT scans were going to be scheduled, anxiously checking the mail for an invitation, worrying and fretting and then double checking the mailbox again every day because there's no way to just call Our Lady of the Damned on the phone to ask. Nothing in today's mail. Damn. I had really hoped to have the scan results BEFORE I go in to (at least theoretically) have my port removed on Friday.

But then a few minutes ago the phone rang and oh my god it was an oncology nurse from OLD wanting to know why I missed my appointment at Onc clinic today! And why I missed my scans last week! Crapoloosa! I never got the fucking invitations in the mail! I had no idea!

I was panic stricken and on the verge of tears, figuring it might be MONTHS or even YEARS before they rescheduled me, if ever. But listen to this: the amazing and heroic onc nurse made me an appointment for the scans on Thursday, yes THIS coming Thursday, day after tomorrow, the 16th of August, at 9:00 am! I doubt they'll have the results read in time to stop the port removal the next day if the news is bad. But oh well, at least I'm finally going to have my six month scans.

Ok. Yes! Thursday! Day after tomorrow! GAAAAHHHH!!!! Please excuse me now while I go throw up as an intense wave of scanxiety plows me down like a Mack truck. I'm terrified! I'm so not ready! GAAAAHHHH!!!!


The scanxious author performing frantic last minute calisthenics in preparation for the imminent scans that loom ominously on the horizon.

15 Comments:

Blogger Marian said...

I am always amazed by how things can go wrong. It is always something out of left field and damnably creative -even in its simplicity. I hope you turn out to be scanalicious in all the best ways. Here's some good mojo atcha.

6:17 PM  
Blogger K. said...

Best of luck for the scans!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hot damn, you appear to have muscles.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Team Granny" flexes in strong support of positive outcomes! :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger funambulator said...

Here's wishing you good clean scans, and not too much inscanity in the meantime!

10:20 PM  
Blogger A.Smith said...

Our Reiki group will be sending our best to you.

Liz, everything is going to be fine Thursday, and Friday the port shall be gone and you can start your new life with roses blooming and good things happening. I feel it. Here is to your wonderful future.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Lucid Dream Yogini said...

WoofrigginHOO!
Ditto what Allegra said :)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I will be praying that your scans come back as clean as a whistle...

what the hell does that mean, BTW? Are whistles particularly clean?

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm de-lurking to wish you the very best of luck on your scans and with your port removal.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Calabama said...

Another de-lurker wishing you the best tomorrow and Friday.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Carole said...

I can almost feel the anxiety. Take a few deep breaths and try not to think about it today. Prayers and good thoughts are headed your way.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Sock Girl said...

Best wishes for a beautifully clear scan and an easy port removal.

2:30 PM  
Blogger RP said...

Ditto what simonsays says, except may your whistle be slobber-free as well. (Since whistles may be clean, but they're often damp.) And dang, you have some serious guns there!

4:53 PM  
Blogger momo said...

How cool that the nurse was able to get you in right away! A good sign!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Corvi said...

Best wishes for your scan this morning!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home