Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Monkeybutt Update

Everyone: Would you all please tell my beautiful daughter-in-law how gorgeous she looks? If she could bottle that exquisite glow and sell it, they'd be gazillionaires.







The proud parents tell me Monkeybutt is kicking up a storm now. Not quite to the point where the gorgeous mom waddles around all day feeling like a clothes dryer full of wet sneakers (hoo boy, do I remember that stage!), but enough that the bedazzled dad can definitely detect the action.

And me? I walk around all day having imaginary conversations with the little guy. "What would you rather be, a wizard or a pirate?" I ask him. And he inevitably says a pirate. Then I say, "Well ok, but what would you rather be, a pirate or an astronaut?" And this time he's not sure. He hems and haws until I suggest maybe he can be all three at the same time. He eyes me skeptically, but soon we're busy designing the proper multitasking headgear for a wizard-pirate-astronaut to wear to work. And after that we might run down a hill with our arms out straight, being really fast loud airplanes, until we fall down in the grass and eat cupcakes.

So how many minutes until February? Are we there yet??

13 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Not only is her skin all glowy but look at that million dollar thousand watt smile. One happy mom-to-be. You're going to be a fun, baaad granny for the little sprout.

11:27 PM  
Blogger E :) said...

She is gorgeous! Look at her smile! Look at her skin! Look at her beautiful belly! Definitely bottle some of that glow and send it my way.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks stunning. Absolutely stunning.

And you sound like you will be a fabulous grandma! I hope our parents will be so excited when we get to that stage.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was not aware that your son married Kaylee from Firefly. Excellent.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

She is, of course beautiful, and i am envious. One day, I want to be a grandmother..if my kids will ever decide that they want to be parents...but thats another story. Have a wonderful time with your grandson...you will be awesome with him!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

She is gorgeous!and looks so happy...and February is just around the corner!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling Lia always looks beautiful. I mean, look at that smile; how could she not?

Mazeltov and best wishes all around!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

And she's still got 4 months to go? Lia, say goodbye to your toes - I have a feeling you won't be seeing them for quite a long time...

5:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heavens, there is nothing better than the fresh faced glow of a happy pregnant woman.

It is a sign of my age that she looks too young to be preggers---pretty soon I'll be complaining about how doctors are all a bunch of snot nosed brats and where are the adults, I want a grown-up doctor!

8:59 AM  
Blogger momo said...

Radiant!
I love all the shapes of a woman carrying a child.

He may want to be a fish, you never know.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Tabitha said...

Lia is absolutely radiant, Finn is a very handsome guy...as they say around here, you're going to have a "purdy" grandbaby....I hope he gets all your gumption!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sock Girl said...

She looks lovely!

3:39 PM  
Blogger bint alshamsa said...

Am I the only one who thinks that she is really sexy in these photos? The one with her wearing the red shirt was my favorite, by the way. Your daughter-in-law is definitely "the new hotness".

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home