Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Happy Day!

Today is the 27th birthday of my most magnificent eldest son, Mr. Phi Beta Kappa, the musical prodigy and bona fide geek. He's living in Ohio now with the his brilliant and beautiful fiancé, Ms. Phi Beta Kappa, who is attending grad school there. He's now officially older than I was when he was born, and also infinitely smarter, saner, wiser, and more mature (in the very best possible way).

May I just say that whatever else has gone wrong in my life, wherever else I've fucked up or fallen or failed, my sons have been a never-ending source of pride and joy, fascination and hilarity. Have a very happy year, sweetie! I love you.











8 Comments:

Blogger making a greenbeing chassis role said...

Happy birthday "H".

3:43 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

bob sent me over here and i am glad he did.

i like it over here.

happy birthday to your entire family.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

What a great post. Happy birthday to your handsome son. More importantly, happy birthday to YOU. The mom does all the work, yet we celebrate the one that was born. You did good, mom.

6:19 AM  
Blogger RC said...

Hey! I got some of those son things too!
Your pride is well deserved! I know that your sons are extremely proud of you too.
Such a lovely deep bond, parent/child. . . Marvelous!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

PS: The baby picture looks very very much like the bigger product!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Seeing our children in loving relationships makes we mothers feel joyful, doesn't it?

Happy Birthday to your son, thank you for the garden photos, and the hair is looking good.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

10:26 PM  
Blogger Dinosaur Mom said...

Yay! You're alive! Yay! Twisty Faster sent me your new URL. I'm so happy you're still writing. And alive.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Is that you in the cheeWee wig? Kewl! Enjoying the blog immensely and pulling and praying for you from very deep within.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Lymphopo said...

Hot damn! A genuine Mr. Whoopie sighting!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home