Monday, April 16, 2007

The Crop On Top

Ye Olde Monday Morning Hair Report, plus miscellaneous life news: here I am at fourteen and a half weeks post-chemo.


Thick and turbulent on top, the crazy new hair has an odd wooly feel to it.


Rebellious and unruly in the back, no two hairs are the same length, the same color, or growing in the same direction. I can't do a damn thing with it.


Reluctant and still nearly invisible in the front: while the back and top are running amok foaming at the mouth, the tiny thin translucent fringe framing my face hasn't added a single molecule to its length in over a month. So every frickin time I look in the mirror, all I see is an old man. I despair!


But who cares about the mirror when colorful climbing roses are still exploding along the driveway? Here's the ever exuberant 'Fourth of July' doing its thang.


Rose without a name: I think this eye-catching beauty is one of the 2008 AARS winners, a grandiflora I'm growing as a "test" rose. So far it's pretty damn perfect. But is it magnificent enough sell an entire house? Stay tuned for the ultimate rose test!


I nabbed these irresistible lads at a junque shop in the French Quarter yesterday, where I mingled freely with festive crowds, enjoyed orgasmic grilled fresh asparagus in a restaurant, relieved myself in unsanitary public restroom facilities, made out with a ridiculous Great Dane puppy the size of a Buick, and lounged in the sunny but probably pee-soaked grass in Jackson Square, listening to live bands while inebriated toddlers staggered gleefully around my head. It sure is wonderful to have an immune system that's up and running, something I'll never ever take for granted again.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Sock Girl said...

The hair and the garden are looking fine!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Personally, I think the hair looks pretty fantastic :-)

Seriously, the hair and you look great together. The effusive stuff going on at the back seems to suit you, somehow.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Yea for a happy day! You look great, the flowers are beautiful.

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do not look like an old man. You look like a creative woman.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Tuesday said...

Well, I think more Annie Lenox than lill ol' man now. (Really!) You used to cut your hair nearly this short.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Trasi said...

I'm just glad to see that there are crests as well as troughs in your day-to-day life. The crests of beautiful food and flowers and sunshine and dogs and such make the troughs of despair and fear and anxiety and feeling freakishly not normal worth it. I hope so anyway.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Delurking to say that I used to be a pretty regular reader of Grannyvibe, and I'm so glad I found you again! And also, both garden and hair are looking great!

9:40 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Remember what I said about the watched pot not boiling...? It does, it just seems to take forever and a day.
You hair is returning. It takes some time to get back to strong growth. It's still baby hair.
It'll happen, O Impatient One.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home