Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Honeymoon's Over

Yesterday the yard was a deranged riot of insane color. Crazy random flowers everywhere! Nothing matched! It looked like the Standard Brands paint truck had a head-on collision with the Jackson Perkins catalog in the heart of uptown Emerald City.



















It's a good thing I took pictures, because last night my realtor came over to show the house to a family. While she and the mom were talking, the two little girls ran around the front yard playing "wedding party." And before the grownups realized what was happening, the junior bridelets had covered the entire front lawn with a festive blanket of rose petal confetti:



Shit. Oh well, they'll grow back. Maybe it's from spending eight months with my head stuck straight up mortality's asshole, or maybe it's the Cymbalta talking, but when the mortified realtor showed me what happened I just laughed. I seem to be all about the Noble Truth of Impermanence with a side of zen detachment these days. There's plenty more roses where those came from, and with any luck it won't even be my yard too much longer anyway. But it sure was pretty while it lasted.

5 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

my head stuck straight up mortality's asshole

That's one of the best phrases ever.

And I totally covet your garden. The two flowerpots on my patio just aren't scratching my itch over here.

10:55 AM  
Blogger momo said...

"the happy bridelets" ha!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Joy comes in many forms, and it appears that your roses brought joy to the little girls in a rather unexpected fashion. Gather ye rosebuds where ye may and all that good stuff.

The pictures of your garden bring joy to me, and if I could visit with you, I would be totally sneaky and pinch a few rose petals into my pocket to extend the joy.

I will meditate upon impermanence tonight.

6:51 PM  
Blogger belledame222 said...

swoonlicious.

10:35 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Those flowers are mouthwatering. I want to EAT them.

Thank you for this visual feast! It may have ended in temporary sorrow, but as you say - there will be more.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home