Monday, April 30, 2007

No Hair Report This Week

I'm afraid this week's regular hair-watch 2007 update has been superceded by (or at least incorporated into) photos from yesterday's crawfish boil. Or crawfish "bawl" as they say around here. But look closely--the hair is there!


The hair and the Cobra.


The hair arrives at the crawfish bawl.


The hairdo almost looks like something somebody might have done on purpose, albeit somebody who was looped enough to have fallen off the fashion grid and landed in the gutter.


This is one of about twelve batches of boiled bugs produced over the course of the afternoon. The poor creatures got tossed into a huge spicy boiling pot while they were still alive and squirming, which is extremely bad karma. We're all going to come back in our next lives as toilet bowl brushes.


Dogs love crawfish, but like tourists they have a very hard time peeling them.


Bobby telling unruly jokes.


Ed and Mary analyzing the latest juicy gossip.


Rene and Rick tactfully pondering my deranged hairdo.


Russell looking exceedingly pleased with his own fine poodly hairdo, which I openly covet.


Ed mysitfies the rest of us by somehow not getting red crawfish gradoo all over his crisp white shirt.


A flock of art professors grazing peacefully beside the fountain on a lovely spring afternoon.


The hapless hair on the morning after.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fashion gutter -- A HA HA HA HA!

That's pretty much where I live. You, however, always seem to look downright chic, even when half-dead a few months ago. No fair!

I think eating bugs that you boiled alive while they were still squirming might be its own karmic reward. I know you say they taste good. I'll take your word for it. ;)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Jen D said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Jen D said...

Hi there,

My name is Jenny and I am part of an online community called CarePlace, for people with similar health concerns and their caregivers. As there is no direct email, I am just posting as a comment - sorry.

We have just added a new NHL community to our site and would love to hear what you think.
We are excited to be at the forefront in offering a unique online support network for those with NHL. As your blog relates to what we are doing at CarePlace, I wonder if you might visit our site and let me know if you think it might be helpful to the people who communicate through and with you.

At CarePlace, you can create your own webpage, join multiple communities, share an online journal with family members and friends and chat live with other members, in addition to sharing and supporting. CarePlace is a great resource for the exchange of ideas and information.

It’s important to us to get feedback from people like you about CarePlace as we develop our site. Site address is www.CarePlace.com. Please add me as a friend (profile name Jen D). I would very much appreciate any insight and thoughts you have about our organization and the site.

Thanks in advance!

Jenny (jend)

3:28 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

I love the second photo - you look genuinely happy and healthy!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Lene Andersen said...

Ah, the memories. Back in Denmark (where I was born and raised until about age 20), crawfish were big. Every summer, there was a very limited period in which you could buy them in buckets (cooked) and we'd sit on the patio peeling and eating with crusty bread, the best dipping sauce and a good white wine. Quintessential Danish summer. Sigh.

p.s. I covet that car.
p.p.s. And the party. Looks fun.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz, I could see the hair in the first photo. It was very noticeable, and that was before I even clicked on the photo to enlarge it! Yea for your hair! You look beautiful.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, I meant before I scrolled down to see the close up photos, that is. :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger momo said...

I love it that you took your hair to a party where you could smile with other smiling people and eat yummy yummy critters.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home